Ahhh... summer vacation. A chance to lounge, relax, and explore new places. But before the fun is the hard part: packing. Here are 10 tips to help you pack for summer vacation!
1. Put disposable shower caps over your shoes so they don't get your clothes dirty.
2. Roll clothes instead of folding them. Rolled clothes take up less space and it's less likely that you'll get deep wrinkles that occur from folding.
3. Keep necklaces from getting tangled by packing them in between two layers of cling wrap, or by stringing delicate necklaces through a straw.
4. Prevent liquids from leaking by taking off the lid, putting a layer of cling wrap over the top, and putting the lid back on. Now if the lid pops open, nothing will spill out.
5. Roll tops/underwear/socks and other small items, and pack them inside of your shoes.
6. Don't check essential items, like medicines and important papers. If your bag gets lost, you'll need to be able to survive for a few days!
7. Wear your biggest items, like boots or a sweater, so that they aren't taking up precious space in your luggage.
8. Pack versatile items, like a dress that can be worn casually during the day and then dressed up for dinner, or shoes that are comfortable enough to walk around in but also look nice enough to wear in the evening.
9. Pack clothes that are all in the same color scheme, so it will be easy to mix and match clothes for the whole trip.
10. Don't pack toiletries like shampoo, conditioner and lotion if they are provided in the hotel. Most hotels also provide a hairdryer; check before you pack it!
If you're flying, don't forget to check TSA rules for what can be included in a carry-on bag, like the TSA liquid rules.