The A&G Management Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager in effectively managing the assigned property. In the Property Manager’s absence, the Assistant Manager will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing community objectives as set forth by the Property Manager and Property Owners. In addition, the Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits received.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Conduct all business in accordance with A&G Management policies and procedures as set forth by the COO, Owners, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal, State & Local Laws.
- Maintain accurate resident records. Updates all rents, deposits and application fees received- daily.
- Post rental payments collected in a timely manner. Make sure bank deposits are made immediately (2-4 times per week).
- Assists with opening the office on time, condition of office, model apartment and show units.
- Check and respond to all messages once retrieved from the phone’s mailbox and email, at least- three times per day.
- Maintain a warm and positive customer service demeanor.
- Answer telephone calls and e-leads promptly. Send ‘thank you for visiting” emails to prospective residents.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
- Guide community tours with prospective residents and sell its features, amenities, and benefits.
- Review lease applications for completion then, submit credit and criminal screening for processing. Property Manager must review screening results to determine a final approval/denial. Review additional move-in paperwork and explain the terms of said agreement and addendum with new resident(s) at move in.
- Prepare lease agreement and move-in paperwork. Conduct and execute electronic lease signing via DocuSign to capture the required initials & signatures for each lease signer.
- Process move-ins and move-outs in AMSI.
- Submit various reports to corporate, in a timely fashion- on a weekly and monthly basis as necessary/required.
- Compose and maintain miscellaneous resident communication logs, as needed.
- Accept and submit work orders in AMSI for resident service requests. Conducts quality and satisfaction follow-up calls, with a set percentage of residents- upon completion.
- Ask the qualifying COVID-19 questions, when accepting a resident’s service request and prior to entering a home, as to protect the safety/health of our team.
- Enter third party insurance information into database and assist with enforcing renter’s compliance and liability policies.
- Take inventory of office supplies on periodic basis, and report to Property Manager.
- Assist with processing Renewals for distribution to residents
- Draft and send lease violation letters, per the Managers direction for housekeeping deficiencies, unauthorized pets, 30 Day Management Notice, etc.
- Physically and visually inspect community grounds, while moving about. Consistently ensure that the property’s appearance is in line with the company and the owner’s established standards (i.e. signage, flags, awnings, grounds/curb appeal, offices, vacants, hallways, landscaping, laundry facilities, fitness center, and the overall condition of the property, etc.). Perform a lite unit wipe up when necessary.
- Assist with move-in, move-out, pre-move out, housekeeping, pest control and/or renewal inspections, etc. when needed.
- Ask the qualifying COVID-19 questions, on the morning of a scheduled inspection- as to maintain the safety/health of our team.
- Report parking violations, that qualify for a tag and tow.
- Conduct weekly market survey. Shop competition and have knowledge of neighborhood market trends and conditions.
- Complete physical, outreach marketing on a weekly basis.
- Review A&G website every Tuesday for accuracy. Report any inconsistencies to Property Manager, and corporate- immediately.
- Promptly update specials, upgrades, ready dates, etc. in AMSI – as often as needed.
- Update or refresh Apartments.com, Zillow.com and Craigslist.com -as availability and pricing/specials changes
- Develop and establish innovative ideas to appeal to clientele and drive qualified traffic, that increases our tour to lease and lease to move-in conversion rates.
- Assist with additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Property Manager or Regional Director of Sales and Leasing.
- Serves as a backup for all Property Manager responsibilities, as deemed necessary and well versed.
- Complete required GROW online education courses.
- Assist with engagement and planning resident retention/community events.
- Attend all meetings, trainings and/or seminars/webinars, pertaining to property management, as required.
- Be available to provide assistance at additional communities and weekends when necessary.
- Be aware of emergency procedures including telephone, internet service interruptions, and fire/natural disaster procedures.
- Consistently communicate with the onsite Maintenance Supervisor.