A&G Management is seeking an ambitious carpenter to join our Southgate Community in Anne Arundel County team.
The Carpenter-maintenance technician is responsible for assisting the maintenance supervisor in completing tasks that ensure the community meets safety, appearance and operational standards established by A&G Management:
- Respond quickly and courteously to residents' requests for maintenance service, trouble-shooting the source of difficulty and taking appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established for the community.
- Hang Cabinets, Drywall repair.
- Prepare drawings for cabinetry, framing and other construction projects on-site
- Interpret client requests and provide mock-ups for clients to approve prior to commencing work
- Build cabinets, vanities, tub and shower surrounds and other projects based on demand
- Frame room additions as needed for client
- Select and evaluate materials for defects
- Install cabinets, counters and molding
- Follow all code requirements for kitchens and baths in remodeling projects
- The Carpenter position is responsible for complying with the company and community operating and safety procedures and adhering to A&G Management's Employee Handbook and A&G Maintenance Manual.
- Reporting any and all problems back to the community supervisor.
- Assist in the achievement of the community's maintenance and general operations.
- Uphold the physical condition of the community.
- Uphold all company policies, goals and values.
- Perform assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Keep and maintain all tools needed to perform job duties.
- Make available apartments ready for move-in.
- Report any maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Assist supervisor in controlling expenses.
- Participate in an ongoing community maintenance and improvement plan.
- Follow up on any service request to assure highest quality customer satisfaction and all other duties as may be assigned.
- Accurately document all work performed on service request ticket.
- Strong commitment to company goals and values.
- Perform tasks in an orderly and timely manner.
- Friendly and positive attitude.
- Possess and continually improve the technical skills in all areas of property maintenance.
- Be committed to the success of each associate as a member of the team.
- Be customer-service oriented.
- Promote good public relations with residents, co-workers and company staff.
- Be able to work independently or with others as part of a team.
- Must possess a valid MD drivers license.
- Required to perform emergency on-call rotation as assigned by the supervisor.
- Required to perform snow removal when called by the supervisor.
- Maintain a good work ethic; ask for additional work.
- Maintain a safe running vehicle with proper insurance, tags and registration.
These are full-time live-on, on-call positions. Required experience: Carpenter - 2 years.
Competitive salary and excellent company paid benefits including FREE APARTMENT with expense allowance, health insurance (including medical, dental, eye, and prescription), generous PTO package, 401K.
Job Type: Full-time