A&G Management, a leasing property management company, is currently recruiting for Weekend Leasing Consultants for our Stage Coach Community.
Saturdays & Sunday are required.
Experience in apartment leasing/sales preferred but willing to train highly motivated person eager to provide excellent sales and customer service. Must have own reliable transportation. Typing & computer skills helpful.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Conduct all business in accordance with A&G Management policies and procedures as set forth by the COO and Owners; Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State Laws.
- Responsible for office opening on time, condition of office, model apartment and show units. Secure office model apartment; show units at the close of business.
- Check and respond to calls on answering machine and email at least three times per day.
- Maintain a positive customer-service attitude.
- Answer telephone calls and handle accordingly; whether the call is a prospect, a service request, a resident, etc. Take detailed messages for calls that require follow-up from the Assistant Manger or Property Manager.
- Follow up with e-leads in "Inside" within 24 hours. Send thank-you cards to visitors.
- Schedule appointments for prospects.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
- Greet prospective residents, qualify, and determine needs and preferences. Complete a guest card. Input guest cards into "Inside".
- Show community to prospective residents. Explain benefits and features.
- Fill out Application for Lease and process credit check. Property Manager must review to determine approval/denial.
- Prepare prospect information folders.
- Submit weekend traffic report to Corporate.
- Accepts service requests from residents. Occasionally, will conduct service follow-up when work is completed.
- File correspondence and completed service tickets after the Property Manager has reviewed.
- Enter third-party insurance information into database, if needed.
- Physically inspect community when on grounds. Consistently ensure that the appearance and physical aspects of the property meet the Company and the Owners established standards (i.e. signage, grounds/curb appeal, offices, hallways, laundry rooms, and overall condition of the property, etc.). Report issues to Property Manager.
- Inspect all show units to ensure that the appearance of the unit meets company standards for viewing by prospects; write any service tickets needed for these units (if any) and report findings to Property Manager.
- Report parking violation
- Conduct weekly market survey, if requested. Shop competition and have knowledge of neighborhood market conditions.
- Develop ideas to attract prospective new residents.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by Leasing Agent, Assistant Manager, Property Manager or Regional Property Manager.
- Complete required Grace Hill courses.
- Assist with weekend resident community events, if needed.
This is a Partl-time position. Competitive salary and excellent company paid benefits including DISCOUNT ON RENT IF YOU LIVE ON PROPERTY., health insurance (including medical, dental, eye, and prescription), generous PTO package, 401K.